The North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition (NbPac) has been working hard on the India Street Mural Project for a few months now and it looks like they’ve made some serious progress (above). In tune with the coalitions goal of beautifying Williamsburg, Greenpoint and Bushwick through public art, the North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition will hold a fundraiser, RE/PAINT RE/BUILD, this Wednesday (6/24) at Gallery 1889, from 7pm to 11p. More information after the jump.
RE/PAINT RE/BUILD will take place at Gallery 1889 on June 24th, 2009, from 7PM to 11PM. The event will feature:
· RE/WARD – Silent auction featuring art from the mural project artists (8-10pm)
· RE/FUEL – Food by Chef Michael Sullivan from new Greenpoint restaurant Anella
· RE/CLAIM – Live found object portraits by artist Zito
· RE/DESIGN – Live screenprinting by the Brooklyn Printmaking Collective (bring your screenprintable goods!)
· RE/IMAGINE – Haircuts by designer/inventor/sculptor Dan Harper
DJ Painted will be mixing music all night, and we’ll have wine and beer on hand from North Brooklyn businesses Brooklyn Oenology and Brouwerij Lane.
Tickets are only $20 and can be purchased through PayPal here or by paying cash at the door. All proceeds go to benefit the India Street Mural Project.
Gallery 1889 is a new gallery and event space located at 1066 Manhattan Avenue and Eagle Street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The space has been transformed from a long-vacant storefront to a bustling site for art, design, architecture, and unique events. For a map and to find out more about Gallery 1889, click here.
[Ed note: the North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition member Joann Kim is a contributor to the WG News + Arts]