Riverkeeper Sweep is a Waterkeeper Alliance SPLASH Series Event, presented nationally by Toyota. For a full list of sponsors and partners, click on the image above.
Questions? Email Dana Gulley and Dan Shapley at Sweep@riverkeeper.org, or call 914-478-4501 x226.
Riverkeeper Sweep Cleanup Sites
New York City-Bronx
Riverdale Riverfront Promenade
College of Mount Saint Vincent
New York City-Manhattan
Hudson River Park
Inwood’s North Cove, Harlem River (Morning)
Inwood’s North Cove, Harlem River (Afternoon)
East River Park
Solar One Stewardship Day (Stuyvesant Cove)
Riverside Park near 100th Street
Harlem River Park
Riverside Park from 59th-70th Streets (registration closed)
Little Red Lighthouse /Hudson River Greenway under the GW Bridge (registration closed)
New York City-Queens
Jennifer’s Annual Flushing Bay Cleanup
Queensbridge City Park (registration closed)
Dobbs Ferry Waterfront
The Landing Waterfront, Dobbs Ferry
Wickers Creek, Dobbs Ferry
Pocantico River, Sleepy Hollow (by kayak)
Croton Point Park (by kayak)
Croton Point Park
MacEachron Park, Kinnally Cove, Hastings-on-Hudson
Sing Sing Kill, Ossining
Ossining’s ‘Lost Beach’
Scarborough Park, Briarcliff Manor
Riverfront Green Park, Peekskill
Annsville Creek, Peekskill (by kayak)
Kingsland Point County Park, Sleepy Hollow
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Lawrence Street in Dobbs Ferry/Ardsley
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Woodlands Lake/VE Macy Park, Irvington
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Bridge Street, Ardsley
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Farragut Avenue, Hastings-on-Hudson
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Odell Avenue & South County Trailway, Yonkers
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Walsh Road, Yonkers
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Ann Street, Yonkers
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Mouth of the River at Yonkers
Great Saw Mill River Cleanup: Pleasantville
Black Beach and Old Ice Docks, Rockland Lake State Park
Storm King Highway (Route 218), Cornwall
Cornwall Landing (Donahue Memorial Park)
Tin Brook, Walden
Quassaick Creek, Newburgh/New Windsor
Muchattoes Lake, Newburgh (cleanup and tree-planting)
Fort Montgomery, Bear Mountain Bridge to Popolopen Creek (by kayak)
Plum Point (by kayak)
Plum Point (by foot: registration closed)
Riverfront Park to Long Dock, Beacon
Denning’s Point, Beacon
The Great Swamp and other Pawling-area locations
Wappinger Creek (by kayak)
Make Poughkeepsie Shine
Waryas and Kaal Rock Parks, Poughkeepsie
Mills Norrie State Park
Tivoli North Bay (by kayak)
Tivoli South Bay (Registration closed)
RamsHorn-Livingston Sanctuary (by boat)
Hudson River Islands State Park
Middle Ground Flats (by kayak)
Nutten Hook, Stuvyvesant
Roeliff Jansen Park
Greenport Conservation Area, Hudson
Port of Albany to Patroon Bridge (by kayak)
Sweep Sponsors and Partners
Riverkeeper Sweep is a Waterkeeper Alliance SPLASH Series Event, presented nationally by Toyota. We’re grateful to recognize sponsors that include Joe and Daryl Boren, The Durst Organization, LF USA, Paragon Sports, Sprout Watches,EILEEN FISHER Whole Foods Market, Greenhouse, Pleasant Valley Stone,Mother Earth’s Storehouse, New York Kayak Company, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? New City, Metal Container Corp., and Sea Tow Central Hudson.
Our 2013 partners include The Great Saw Mill River Cleanup program of Groundwork Hudson Valley, Keep Rockland Beautiful, Make Poughkeepsie Shine, and Empire Dragon Boat Team’s Jennifer’s Annual Flushing Bay Shoreline Cleanup.
Sweep to Your Brewery*
*Or nightclub! This year, to thank you for your service, eight breweries and a nightclub have agreed to offer Sweep volunteers a freebie and a place to gather after you complete your project:
- Albany Pump Station, Albany, 11:30 a.m. to Midnight
- Crossroads Brewing Company, Athens, 1 p.m. to Midnight
- Keegan Ales, Kingston, Noon to Midnight
- Newburgh Brewing Company, Newburgh, 1-11 p.m.
- Peekskill Brewery, Peekskill, noon to 1 a.m.
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company, Elmsford, Noon to 6 p.m.
- Defiant Brewing Co., Pearl River, Noon to Midnight
- Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, Noon to 8 p.m.
- Greenhouse, Varick St, Manhattan, 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Incentives for Volunteers
These prizes will be raffled to registered volunteers and/or Sweep leaders who participate on the day of the Sweep, Saturday, May 11, 2013:
- A sunset kayak paddle for two from Hudson River Recreation, aRiverkeeper Member Rewards Partner, which operates in and around Croton-on-Hudson, NY.
- Two free kayak rentals from Eastern Mountain Sports-Poughkeepsie
- Four pairs of tickets for cruises with Hudson River Cruises out of Kingston
- Tickets for cruises with Hudson Cruises out of Hudson, NY
- $25 gift cards from Orvis-Yonkers.
- A four-hour kayak rental for two, from Mountain Tops Outdoors in Beacon.
- Two certificates, good for a one-hour kayak or paddleboard rental, or a daylong bike rental from Paddlehead Boards in Athens.
Resources for Sweep Leaders
Riverkeeper is working with nearly 100 volunteer Sweep leaders throughout New York City and the Hudson Valley to coordinate service projects at 75 locations. If you are a leader, check out these resources for Sweep leaders.